Central Türkiye is home to the nation’s Capital City -Ankara- and to the fabulous surreal landscapes of Cappadocia. The region of Cappadocia is located in the middle of a once-active volcanic area of central Anatolia. Millions of years ago three of its mountains - Erciyes, Hasandağ and Güllüdağ - were active volcanoes. Central Türkiye is also the land of the Mevlana, the mystic founder of the Whirling Dervishes, in Konya. The region boasts many interesting things to see and do and has many fine museums and monuments.
Ankara Esenboğa Airport
- Ankara Esenboğa Airport (ESB), which serves some international but mostly domestic flights, is 33 km north of the city centre. The Airport is named after the nearby village Esenboğa, which is located at quite some distance from the Turkish capital. Ankara Esenboğa Airport is a hub for Turkish Airlines and its low-cost subsidiary AnadoluJet. You can get by bus and taxi from the airport to the city centre. Havaş airport bus (every 30 minutes from 4:30 am to midnight, 50-minute trip to AŞTİ, the main bus terminal), EGO city bus 442, and taxi get you into the capital.
- There are 49 non-stop International Routes operated by Turkish Airlines, Pegasus, Lufthansa, Saudi Arabian and Germania. In total 22 Airlines use the Airport.
Where is Ankara Esenboğa Airport situated?
- The airport is located northeast of Ankara, it is accessible by road Özal Boulevard (Esenboğa Yolu). The airport is connected with Kızılay (the city centre) and Ankara Intercity Bus Terminal (Ankara Şehirlerarası Terminal İşletmesi, AŞTİ) by EGO city bus number 442 (from 6 am to 11pm). Transportation to the city centre is also by taxi and through the Havaş bus line. The road between Esenboğa airport and the Ankara ring road has been widened in recent years to speed up the journey to the centre.
How many terminals does Ankara Esenboğa Airport have?
- The airport has one large terminal for Domestic (İç Hatlar) and International (Dış Hatlar) flights, next to this there is a General Aviation Terminal for private and business flights.
Kayseri Erkilet International Airport
- Erkilet International Airport or Kayseri Erkilet Airport (Kayseri Erkilet Havalimanı) (ASR) is a military airbase and public airport located 5 km northof Kayseri in the Kayseri Province. This is a major hub for travel to Cappadocia. Airport shuttle services to Cappadocian towns and villages are operated by Argeus Travel & Events. Havaş airport buses serve the Kayseri city centre, as well as Talas. The airport commenced service in 1998 with civil air flights. Erkilet Airport is located in Kocasinan
- There are seasonal International Flights to German Cities, Amsterdam, Warsaw, Vienna and Kiev. Erkilet Airport receives daily nonstop flights from İstanbul morning and evening.
Nevşehir Kapadokya Airport
- Nevşehir Kapadokya Airport (NAV) is an airport serving, and located 30 kilometres in the northwest of, Nevşehir, Airport shuttle services are operated by Argeus Tourism & Travel. Cappadocia is also served by Kayseri’s Erkilet (see above). Nevşehir-Kapadokya Airport is closer to the main towns of Cappadocia (Ürgüp, Göreme, Uçhisar, etc.) than is Kayseri‘s Erkilet Airport near Cappadocia. Nevşehir Kapadokya Airport was opened in 1998.
- Turkish Airlines has daily flights from İstanbul Airport. AnadoluJet has flights from İstanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport, Ankara and Antalya.
- Konya Airport (KYA) is a military air base and public airport in Konya, Türkiye. The airport is also used by NATO. Opened to the public in 2000, the airport is 18 km from the city. In 2015 a completely new airport terminal was opened with the capacity increased more than 5 times the existing amount.
- There are domestic flights by AnadoluJet and Pegasus Airlines to İstanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, by Turkish Airlines to İstanbul Airport and by SunExpress to İzmir. There are seasonal international flights by Pegasus Airlines to Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Düsseldorf and Stockholm and by Turkish Airlines to Amsterdam and Copenhagen.
Eskişehir Hasan Polatkan Airport
- Eskişehir Hasan Polatkan Airport (AOE) is an international airport that serves the city of Eskişehir. It is located within the Faculty of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Anadolu University.
- There are seasonal international services to Cologne and Bonn (with Corendon Airlines and to Brussels and Ostend/Bruges (with TUI fly Belgium).
Sivas Nuri Demirağ Airport
- Sivas Nuri Demirağ Airport (VAS) is an airport located 22 kilometres (14 mi) northwest of Sivas, Türkiye.
- There are domestic flights by AnadoluJet and Pegasus Airlines to İstanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, Ankara and İzmir and, by Turkish Airlines, to İstanbul Airport.