Eastern Anatolia is home to the magnificent Mount Ararat and Lake Van. This region is rich in natural foliage and many stunning ski resorts, as well as breath-taking archaeological sites. If you want to escape the west and go back in time to how life used to be then this is the region for you.
The Eastern Anatolian region has rich water sources because the Euphrates, the Tigris, the Çoruh, the Aras and the Kura rivers originate here and flow into the sea in other countries.
Erzurum International Airport
- Erzurum International Airport (ERZ) is located in the municipality of Erzurum in Türkiye, Asia. It is 10 km to the North West of the city centre. It's one of the bigger airports in Türkiye based in the region in Erzurum Province. Passengers can fly to and from the airport on scheduled services. It has several daily flights to Ankara, with connections for İstanbul.
A startling fact is that the airport is at a very high altitude. This altitude means that it is very convenient for the renowned Palandöken Ski Resort. This is one of the closest ski resorts to any airport; just a five-minute drive after your plane lands and you can be out on the snow of Palandöken's slopes.
- There are domestic flights by AnadoluJet to İstanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, Ankara and İzmir, by Pegasus Airlines to İstanbul–Sabiha Gökçen and Ankara, by Turkish Airlines to İstanbul Airport and by SunExpress to İzmir. There are seasonal international flights by Nordwind Airlines to Moscow.
Van Ferit Melen Airport
- Van Ferit Melen Airport (VAN) is an airport in Van, a city in the eastern region of Türkiye. It is named after the Turkish politician and former prime minister Ferit Melen (1906–1988).
- There are domestic flights to and from İstanbul, İstanbul-Sabiha Gökçen Ankara, Antalya, Adana and İzmir. Poulia Air operate an international flight to Urmia, Iran.
- Malatya Airport (MLX) is a military and public airport in Malatya, Türkiye. The airport, opened in 1941, is located 34 km (21 mi) from Malatya.
- There are domestic flights by AnadoluJet, Pegasus Airlines and SunExpress to İstanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, Ankara and İzmir and, by Turkish Airlines, to İstanbul Airport. SunExpress have seasonal international flights to Düsseldorf.
Kars Harakani Airport
- Kars Harakani Airport (KSY) is a public airport in Kars, Türkiye. The airport, opened in 1988, is located 6 km from Kars. It has importance for serving also other cities like Ağrı, Ardahan, Artvin and Iğdır in north-eastern Türkiye.
- There are domestic flights to and from İstanbul, İstanbul-Sabiha Gökçen, Ankara and İzmir.
- Elazığ Airport (EZS) is an airport in Elazığ, Eastern Türkiye. First opened to air traffic in 1940, Elazig Airport is one of the oldest airports still in use in Türkiye.
- There are domestic flights by various domestic operators to İstanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, Ankara and İzmir and, by Turkish Airlines, to İstanbul Airport. SunExpress have seasonal international flights to Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Stuttgart.